DJ Cuppy is a fantasy to behold. Not only is she the daughter of a billionaire, but she’s also very hardworking with her music career.
Free-spirited by nature, She has continued to record several songs with major artists and the videos have been taking over the internet.
Here are all the things you should know about her as she turns a year older.
1. Her full name is Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola
2. She was born on November 11, 1992
3. She is the second daughter of multi-billionaire and businessman Femi Otedola.
4. She left Nigeria to attend boarding school in London at age 13.
5. She officially became a DJ at the age of 18.
6. She studied Business and Economics at King’s College, London and graduated in 2014.
7. In 2014 Cuppy was the resident DJ at the MTV Africa Music Awards in Durban. She then played at the Tatler and Christie’s Art Ball in London, and at the Financial Times Luxury Summit in Mexico City.
8. Her first compilation mix was House of Cuppy and she released it in London, Lagos and New York in 2014.
9. Also in 2014, She launched her music management and content production business, Red Velvet Music Group with locations in Lagos and London.
10. DJ Cuppy earned a Master’s Degree from New York University in 2015 where she studied Music Business.
11. She was featured on the cover of Guardian Life magazine in Jan 2015. She was also featured in the 2015 April/May issue of Forbes Woman Africa.
12. Cuppy was named the official DJ for the 2015 Oil Barons Charity in Dubai and became the first African act to perform at the event.
13. She had her first DJ tour called “Cuppy Takes Africa” in August 2015 where she visited 8 African countries. It later became an 8-episode documentary series on Fox Life Africa.
14. She also interned at Roc Nation owned by Jay Z in 2015.
15. DJ Cuppy produced Vibe and The way I am in 2017. These songs were on Young Paris Afrobeats EP, and it debuted on the 24th of March, 2017.
16. Her first official single was “Green Light” featuring Tekno, released on October 13, 2017.
17. On the 30th of March 2018, she released her second single Vybe where she featured Sarkodie, a Ghanaian rapper. She also released Werk featuring Skuki, Currency featuring L.A.X and Abena featuring Kwesi Arthur also in 2018. Her 2019 single, Gelato featuring Zlatan Ibile is still getting lots of airwaves since it’s release.
18. Her awards include Best Female DJ at the NEA Awards in 2015. She won Best Female DJ at the Beatz Awards in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
She also bagged an alumni artistic Achievement Award from New York University.
19. She is an ambassador for lots of campaigns and brands. She became a DJ ambassador for Pepsi, Global Citizen Education Ambassador and Save The Children Ambassador all in 2018.
20. In 2019, she sealed endorsement deals with Tiger Beer, Maybelline, and Samsung.
21. Her philanthropic project, ‘The Cuppy Foundation’ held an inaugural gold gala night on November 10, 2019, to help raise funds for displaced children in the North-East. Her father, Femi donated N5billion naira.