Thembelihle Khumalo is one of such women. She is a branding guru with 20 years experience in the media industry. She specialises in translating the stories of individuals and corporates into compelling brands, through her consulting firm Brandbuilder. She is also the founder of Labour of Love, an organisation contributing to the financial empowerment of African women artisans. We love these tips she gave to young career women on work and life and we had to share with you.
We hope you learn a thing or two from her.
- Get rid of any psychological and emotional issues you have with money.
- Start investing immediately; invest in both long-term and short term goals.
- Leverage your assets, if you are talented at something, find a way to make it work for you.
- Understand how to get along with people, and that anybody can add value to you and vice versa.
- Learn how to make smart decisions quickly, by deciding on your set of values and vision for your life, then narrow down your options based on this.