Lota Chukwu is one of the young Nigerian actresses whom we have come to love within such a short time of starting her career. She has proven that there is more to her than a pretty face and a charming smile.
In 2014, she featured in the hit TV series, ‘Jenifa’s Diary’ playing the character ‘Kiki’, a name many of us now call her by. Since then, Lota’s face is one we have become familiar with and even now ascribe to a young Nigerian woman doing well for herself.
Further proving that she is not resting on her oars, the screen star launched her own food show ‘Lota Takes’ on the 29th of November this year the same day as her 28th birthday.
While we know that there are many sides to this young lady who describes herself as ‘weird’, here are 10 things you probably still don’t know about her
1. Lota Chukwu is the last of four kids; Lota was born on November 29, 1989. She is her parent’s last child and she grew up with her three siblings in Benin city, Edo State.
2. Lota has a degree from the University of Benin; She has a degree in Agricultural Economics and Extension Services from this institution.
3. Lota named herself ‘Elixir’; Although her full name is Ugwu Lotachukwu Jacinta Obianuju Amelia, Lota christened herself Elixir because she is a a big fan of mythologies.
4. The greatest human influence in her life is her mum; Lota say her mum is the greatest human influence in her life. According to “my mum is the greatest human influence in my life. And she’s nothing like Prof. Dora Akunyili or the likes, she’s just her and that’s all I want to be. She taught me consciously and unconsciously just about every way I live my life.
5. Lota refers to her 4 dogs as ‘her kids’ and her Toyota 2004 car named Andre as her boyfriend
Some time ago, there was a rumour that Lota had four kids but that had been as a result of a misunderstanding when the actress wrote that she was actually a single mum of four kids. She later clarified that the ‘kids’ were actually her dogs.
6. Before venturing into acting, Lota used to be a model; Lota was a model and participated in the 2011 edition of Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria representing Yobe State. She started her acting career in 2011 but became popular after appearing on Jenifa’s Diary while playing the character, Kiki.
She has also starred in movies like The Royal Hibiscus Hotel, Falling, Fine Girl,The Arbitration, Dognapped.
7. The quickest way to Lota’s heart is to respect her opinion; Apparently, the easiest means of warming your way to Lota’s heart is to respect her opinion. Lota claims that she doesn’t see the world from the general point of view so you will need to respect that to be friends with this star.
8. Lota is not scared of death; According to a post on her blog, Lota wrote,I know what my future holds and it doesn’t scare me. I won’t say I see my future, but I’ve always known how It would turn out, I guess that’s my gift. So I know I won’t live till old age. Maybe 35/40 tops, and I’ve accepted that. So love me while you can. But then again, maybe the world will end before y’all can get a chance to eat my funeral rice.
9. Lota’s greatest fear is settling into marriage; She believes that getting married to your one true love is the only type of marriage worth getting into.
10. Lota loves to cook and she has her own cooking show; In 2017 she announced the take off of her food show “Lota Takes”, a cooking and lifestyle show which shows Lota in her elements as a food and nature lover.The show has featured several Nigerian celebrities including Adekunle Gold, Tosin Ajibade, Aramide (musician),MC Galaxy.
11. Over the years Lota has been nominated for a couple of awards proving that her work is being recognized. In 2017, she was nominated for the City People Entertainment Awards “Best New Actress of the Year (English)” category. In 2018, she won the ELOY Award for “Best Actress In a TV Series” for her role in the Africa Magic series AMAJoche.