Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) or Zobo as it is prominently called is a types of Hibiscus local to West Africa. It is broadly used to get ready yummy Zobo drink yet that is not everything it tends to be utilized for.
Today,we’ll be sharing an uncommon Zobo cake formula you can get ready as a bite to impart to family and companions.
Ingredients for Zobo cake
For The Cake;
- 75g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Soft Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Hibiscus Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
For The Hibiscus Condensed Milk Syrup;
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Hibiscus Powder
- 1 Cup Condensed Milk
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, whisk and set aside.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, hibiscus powder and pour into the butter mixture.
- Stir into a smooth batter, then add the vanilla essence and stir in.
- Grease the mini bundt pans (or any cake pan of your choice) with butter spray and fill ¾ of the pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160c for 20 minutes.
- Take out and let cool off completely on a rack.
- For the hibiscus condensed milk syrup;
- Mix the milk with hibiscus powder and let it sit for 10 minutes before straining. (turns purple when mixing)
- Add condensed milk to the strained milk mixture, and stir till it dissolves.
- Drizzle the hibiscus condensed milk mixture on the cake.
- Hibiscus cake ready to serve. Garnish with strawberry, raspberry and mint leaves. (optional)
Check out this video tutorial from Teleande World below;