Chioma Chukwuka- Akpota is a Nigerian actress and movie producer.
Years after she made her debut in the movie industry, Chioma has remained relevant and has become a veteran in Nollywood.
Here are a few things to know about her as she turns 40.
1. Chioma Chukwuka was born on March 12, 1980, in Lagos.
2. She hails from Oraifite, Ekwusigo Local Government Area, in Anambra State.
3. She completed her primary education at Onward Nursery and Primary School in Lagos and proceeded to Federal Government Girls College in Onitsha, Anambra State for her secondary education.
4. She proceeded to Lagos State University where she studied Banking and Finance.
5. Chukwuka’s acting career began with her debut in the movie ‘The Apple’ in 2000.
6. She has acted in over 150 movies which include Hankerchief, Sunrise, The Final Clash, Disguise, Unbroken Promise, Foul Play, Moment of Truth, Fake Angel, Tears in my heart, Somto, Wives on Strike, Lara&the Beat, The Ghost, and the Tout to mention a few.
7. Chioma has produced and co-produced about eight movies, including the award-nominated blockbuster On Bended Knees.
8. Some of her nominations and awards include ‘Best Actress in a Leading Role’ at the Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA) in 2007,‘Best Actress in a Leading Role’ at the Afro Hollywood Award in 2010,‘Best Lead Actress nominee in an English movie’ at the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) in 2013,’ Best Actress In a Comedy’ at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards (AMVCA) in 2017, etc.
9. Chukwuka got married to her husband, Franklyn Akpotha in 2006 and they are blessed with two lovely children.
10. She established the Oma World Company in October 2011.
11. She has served as a brand ambassador for a number of brands, including Globacom Nigeria, Erisco Foods, Omo Detergent, Harpic to name a few. She is currently the spokesperson for Sebbecly Cancer Care and Support Center.
12. She opened a restaurant in honor of her late mother in December 2019.