Muffins are extremely healthy and great for breakfast because of the nutrients in them. The great thing about them is that you can add whatever you like into it, so your Surprise muffin recipe isn’t an exception in this.
Here are instructions on how to prepare your Surprise muffin:
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fruit jam, 1 egg or preferred syrup.
- Nuts, cookies, chocolate chips, biscuits or other topping.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Use paper muffin liners to grease muffin cups.
- Your mixture should include wheat germ, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Get a different bowl to mix the egg, butter and buttermilk.
- Pour your milk into the dry mixture. Stir very well until it blends in. Fill the already greased muffin cups half full with batter. Insert a hole into each muffin and drop in 1 teaspoon of jam or boiled egg or preferred syrup.
- Sprinkle nuts or other toppings so they will penetrate into the muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Watch this video on how to prepare Surprise Muffins as a guide: