Spaghetti and Meatballs is a yummy food combination that originated from Italy.
Today we’ll be showing you how to make this for you and your family with ingredients you can find here in Nigeria.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
- 2 cups ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cube Maggi or any other seasoning
- Salt – to taste
- ½ teaspoon black or Cameroon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 handful raw spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sliced onions
- 4 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil (optional)
- Salt & Maggi – to taste
STEPS TO MAKE SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat, add in 5-6 cups of water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add some salt, a little oil, and the spaghetti. Boil pasta briefly for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside
While pasta is boiling, thoroughly combine all ingredients for the meatballs.
Portion out one tablespoon of the mix at a time and roll between your palms to form a ball.
Set aside and repeat until all formed.
Place a large pot on medium heat and heat up oil. Add in the meatballs. Fry until brown on all sides. Add the onions and fry until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and left over ingredients excluding pasta and cook for 10 minute. Add in pasta. Combine. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Your spaghetti and meatballs are ready to be served.