One of the real approaches to characterize any culture is nourishment formulas. Africans are known to have delectable nourishment formulas and we wouldn’t see any problems with investigating them with you. One of the formulas we’ll be taking a gander at on the present post is from South Africa and it’s called Chakalaka. It’s one of the significant suppers in South Africa and it’s known for its delectable taste.
Youtuber, Sisi Yemmie gives us access on her formula for Chakalaka. You should need to have a go at something new this end of the week by making this fiery and yummy feast in your kitchen. The following are the fixings and steps you have to make yours.
1.4 Carrots, peeled, tailed and shredded2. 1 Green Bell Pepper3. 1 Red Bell Pepper4. 1 Sweet Onion (White Onion)5. 1 tsp Ginger, grated6. 1 tsp Garlic, grated7. 1 tsp Tomato Puree8. 1/2 Cup Tomatoes, chopped9. 1/2 Cup Baked Beans10. 1/4 tsp Cameroon Pepper11. 2 tbsp Curry Powder12. 1 tsp Salt13. 3 tbs Vegetable Oil
- Cut peppers, onions & tomatoes into little cubes, peel and grate carrots, grate/chop garlic and ginger into byte sizes.
- In a pan, heat up Vegetable oil, add onion and allow to saute, add garlic and ginger, stir for 2 minutes
- Add Curry, green and red peppers and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add carrots and fry for another minute
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, Cameroon pepper and combine.
- Allow cooking for 3 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add Baked beans, and combine.
- Leave it on the cooker for a minute or two before turning it off.
Watch this video below for directions: