Uriel Ngozi Oputa is a singer, model, and entrepreneur.
Below are some facts about her:
1. Uriel Oputa was born on January 24, 1988, in the United Kingdom.
2. She is the only girl in a family of 5 children, she has four brothers.
3. She is related to Charly Boy as her late father was Justice Oputa’s brother.
4. She loves to take care of her mother who suffers from dementia.
5. She is a graduate of Creative writing from Bedfordshire University.
6. She had a stint with a media house, SugarMedia in London, as a researcher before quitting to pursue a career in music.
7. She started recording in the UK straight and her first song I ever produced was titled Tell Me.
8. She moved to Nigeria where she worked with Dekumzy who produced her first solo Afro beat track titled ‘Merry go Round’.
9. Uriel was the only girl in a 3-man musical group, Caku Republik on SKP label that consisted Sunky (producer of Styl-Plus), Mr Chicks and herself.
10. She once contested for the Glo-X factor. She also auditioned for Project Fame and then Big Brother Africa in 2015.
11. She was a contestant on BET ‘Top Actor Africa Show’ which aired in 2016 but was the first Nigerian contestant to be evicted.
13. She is a big fan of tattoos as she has four of them.
14. She is a brand ambassador for Shapes by Mena, Indomie to mention a few.
15. She has a wig brand called Uriel London wigs and she recently revealed she was once a hairdresser.
16. She has a cooking show and a food business called UU foods which she launched in 2019 because of her passion for cooking.
17. She officially became a British citizen in 2019.