Yewande Adekoya is a popular Nigerian actress, producer, and director who has carved a niche for herself in the Yoruba industry over the years.
Here are some interesting facts about the scandal-free actress as she turns a year older.
1. Yewande Adekoya was born on January 20, 1983, in Lagos but hails from Ososa, Ijebu in Ogun State.
2. She is the first of five children.
3. She attended Bright Star Nursery and Primary School, Somolu, Lagos, and Bright Star Comprehensive High School, Bariga, Lagos for her primary and secondary education respectively.
4. She bagged a degree in Mass communications from Babcock University.
5. She started her acting career in 2002 with Alphabash Music And Theatre Group but it was the movie ‘Kudi Klepto’ that brought her into the limelight.
6. Some of her featured movies include KuruKuru, Emere, Iyawo Adedigba, Fadaka, Ewatomi, Omo Elemosho amongst others.
7. She produced her first English film in 2006 titled ‘Life Secret’ and her first Yoruba film, titled ‘Igbo Dudu’ in 2009.
8. Her 2012 movie ‘Omo Elemosho’ received 5 nominations at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.
9. Some of the awards she has won include Best New Actress, City People Entertainment Awards (2014), Most Promising Actress, Yoruba Movie Academy Awards (2014), Most Promising Act, Yoruba Heritage Awards, United States(2014), Best Actress in a leading role ACIA (2016).
10. She met her husband, also an actor cum movie producer, Ishola Abiodun Thomas during her youth service in 2008.
11. They got married in 2012 and they are blessed with a daughter.
12. Her role models are Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Bimbo Akintola, Funke Akindele, Fathia Williams (Balogun) and Bimbo Oshin.